Sunday 31 August 2008

Err, Rain, Rain, Oasis, REM...

REM © Michael Robert Williams

August is almost over and what happened to the summer? I know it's a joke about the English weather but really, how bad was this summer! Rain, rain, rain. I missed the sun, I'm sure dark wet days affect my mood.
But the sun did make it out yesterday when I went to see REM play in London. I've been a big REM fan for a long time and have seen them a number of times, but I think Stipe was on fine form last night. I'd arranged a pass so I took a few photos. I don't really shoot live images usually, it's not something I do as work, but I've done it a couple of times recently just for fun, and I guess it gave me a chance to play with the digital SLR again (hmmm, discovered I need more lens options.....)

REM © Michael Robert Williams

August consisted of some meetings, some photo work, and some time off (thinking I'd enjoy some summer sun, hmmmm - didn't really appear, I think I'll have to go away later in the year...)
I photographed Oasis again, group portraits & individual. Very different portraits to the last time I photographed them, I'll put some up as soon as I can.

REM © Michael Robert Williams

No comments: