Tuesday 30 December 2008

Visiting family for Christmas...

Sunrise, Astbury Lake, Congleton © Michael Robert Williams


I'm back in Congleton for a few days visiting my family. It seems that whenever I'm back here where I grew up I get nostalgic and sentimental.
I got up early and took a walk around the lake. Its only a short walk from my parents house. It was a really beautiful morning, one of those great winter mornings - but freezing cold.
I love this lake. This still feels like one of the places where I learnt to photograph. All those times I dragged my younger brother over here for another 'photo session' - me trying to compose moody portraits, thinking I was Anton Corbijn shooting some band somewhere instead of my brother at the lake.
I think sometimes when I'm on a shoot now somewhere in the back of my mind I'm still at this lake...
Its just a really beautiful place. But sadly parts of it are being built on now, it makes me wonder how long the place I grew up will still be here. More houses are being built around parts of the lake. I personally wish they would leave this area alone.


Sunrise, Astbury Lake, Congleton © Michael Robert Williams

Astbury Lake, Congleton © Michael Robert Williams


No comments: