Thursday 28 June 2012

Famous Music Locations In London;


Music is something I'm extremely passionate about, and it's a large part of my work. Something I do sometimes when I'm out and have some time is to photograph London locations which have become famous in music. I'm getting quite a collection now gradually but I've also recently started taking quick photos using the Instagram app while I'm taking the main photographs. I thought I'd share a few of the quick ones here.

A London location made famous in music;  'Savoy Steps' - The alley in London where Bob Dylan made the Subterranean Homesick Blues promo video, filmed by D. A. Pennebaker. It was one of the very first music promo clips and the cue cards idea in the film has been 'borrowed' by many others.


'Savoy Steps, London' 2012 © Michael Robert Williams
Shot using Instagram.


'Denmark Street, London WC2'.
'Denmark Street' gave it's name to a song by The Kinks, but the street itself has a long history with British music dating back to the 1950's. The Rolling Stones recorded their first album at studios on Denmark St, Jimi Hendrix too, and Elton John wrote 'Your Song' there. It's also home to a number of music shops.



'Denmark Street, London' 2012 © Michael Robert Williams


  Mx


No comments: