Monday 14 July 2008

Out Of Town For A Few Days.

Congleton, July 2008

I've left for a few days to visit family. I'm staying at my parents in the home I grew up in. They still live in the same house in Congleton, a small town in the North West, just south of Manchester.
I went for a walk last night as the sun was starting to go down. I walked down this path that leads to the fields and brook near my parents home and came to the small bridge over the brook. I used to hang around here with friends when I was a kid but I haven't been to it for years now. Its getting overgrown now but we used to hang around here some evenings, it was our private place. We could do whatever we wanted; but that usually just meant we'd talk and joke around, meet up here. I remember sometimes later drinking beer here that we’d ‘borrowed’ from home. I must have been about twelve I guess when I first went here.
There wasn't much to do in Congleton.
When you're a little older you can go into town in the evening, but this bridge was my meeting place, and still somewhere I could go as a teenager when I wanted some time on my own.
It was strange being on it again last night. Its overgrown, and looks much smaller to me as an adult, but I could sit and watch the sunset...

Nostalgic & sentimental post over. :)

No comments: